Player: Grace Summerhays
University: Arizona State University
Graduation Year: 2025
Area of Study: Communications
Soldier Honored: Jason Ray Workman
• The No. 19 overall recruit in the country enrolled immediately and joined the Sun Devils in January of 2022
• Extensive experience in pressure situations
• Began competitive golf at the age of 11 and at age 14, she shot a 74-72 on a 7,200-yard course to make match play in the Utah State Amateur in the men's competition.
• At age 15, she qualified for the 2019 U.S. Girl's Junior Open, and the following year she won the Utah PGA Junior Series Major Championship where she shot a 6-under-par 66.
• The 2020 Utah Amateur State Champion became the youngest (16) to accomplish the feat in the 114-year history of the event.
• She competed at Chaparral High School as a freshman, where she finished second in the state tournament to current Sun Devil Ashley Menne. ASU will now have three of the top-4 finishers from the 2018 AIA 6A State Championship.
• That year, she was also named a finalist for Arizona Republic Girls' Golfer of the Year.
• Has already competed in several Korn Ferry Tour qualifier events, attempting to earn a spot in professional events.
• In early 2021, she competed in a pre-qualifier for the Waste Management Phoenix Open where she shot a 76.
• Younger sister of Sun Devil Men's Golf's Preston Summerhays.