Player: Han-Hsuan Yu
University: Oklahoma State University
Area of Study: Recreational management
Expected Graduation: 2022
Soldier Honored: Kenneth W. Westbrook
2019-20 (Sophomore Season)
• Earned her first career All-American Scholar award from the WGCA.
• Ended her second season for the Cowgirls as the No. 157 golfer in the nation.
• Posted a 4.80 scoring average on par-5 holes, which is the fourth-best mark in Cowgirl golf history.
• The sophomore posted a 73.76 overall scoring average, which improved from her freshman season by nearly an entire stroke.
• Tallied two top-10 finishes on the season, with her best finish coming in a tie for eighth place at the Trinity Forest Invitational.
• The recreational management major was one of five Cowgirls to earn Academic All-Big 12 honors in 2020.
• Eight of her 21 rounds on the season were at or under par, including a season-best 5-under 67 in the final round of the UCF Challenge that tied for the second-lowest round by a Cowgirl in 2020.
• Posted 63 birdies on the season, which ranks 71st nationally and season only to Isabella Fierro on the OSU roster.
• Already owns three career eagles, which is tied for the 13th most ever by a Cowgirl.
2018-19 (Freshman Season)
• Led the Cowgirls with a 74.62 stroke average and a 2.90 to-par average as a freshman in 2019.
• Ended the season ranked No. 128 in the GolfStat Top-250.
• Became eligible for competition in the spring and earned a spot in the starting lineup in every event.
• Posted a pair of top-5 finishes, including a T4th finish in her first collegiate event thanks to rounds of 72-71-71 (+3) 214 at the Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge.
• Also helped the Cowgirls claim victory in the Anuenue Spring Break Classic with a second place finish.
• Earned a T19th finish at the NCAA Regional in Norman where she posted her best round of the season – a second-round 68. That round tied for the lowest by a Cowgirl in 2019.
• Tied for the team lead with five rounds at or under par in 2019.
Prior to Oklahoma State
• In the last four years, Yu has competed in over a dozen professional events all over the globe, including the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic, the Women's Amateur Asia-Pacific Championship and the ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open.
• Advanced to the match-play semifinals of the Australian Women's Amateur Championship in 2017.
• Shot 71-74-75 at the Kenda Tires TLPGA Open in Taiwan back in September, and carded a final-round 69 at the 2017 Swinging Skirts AJGA Invitational.
• Joins fellow Taipei native Chih-Min Chen on the Cowgirl roster. Chen was the 2016 Big 12 Freshman of the Year and a 2018 All-Big 12 and All-Big 12 Tournament selection.
• Born on May 8, 2000.
• Is the daughter of Chung-Ching and Yu-Yun Liu.
• Brother Chun-An Yu plays golf at Arizona State.
• Has yet to decide on a major at OSU.